I have been asked on several occasions to help folks out who are new to craft show vending. Of course, I'm happy to help.
(Aside: Hey, listen, stingy folks who think that every other crafter is "stealing" your ideas. Knock that off. Generosity is not going to hurt you. Seriously--what goes around, comes around. There's enough money in the world for all of us.)
It's my pleasure to share my list with you! Your list will vary, but if you know someone else's list, then you can easily change it to meet your needs. I mostly vend outdoors, so please delete those outdoorsy items if your list is for an indoor show.
1. Tent and weights.
2. Signs and bungee cords/stuff to hang the signs.
3. Tables and chair
4. Display items (i.e. shelves, wine boxes, baskets, tablecloths)
5. Product to sell
6. Extra signs (I am currently using chalkboard-painted clipboards) and stuff to write on them (as needed)
8. Business cards
9. Money box/container with $100 change(could be a fanny pack with a zipper if you are short on table space)
10. Cell phone with Square enabled (or whatever credit card service you prefer)
11. Some Sharpie markers and regular pens.
12. Inventory sheet to track sales.
13. Credit card signs
14. Notebook for collecting email addresses for my newsletter.
15. Ribbons (if a holiday or gift show)
16. Decor (if a holiday show--some holiday decor is nice)
17. Vending apron (VERY handy--has pockets for your phone and business cards, and also indicates immediately that you are a vendor)
18. Lunch and water in a cooler
19. Grocery bag for personal garbage throughout the day
20. A portable phone charger (optional, but often very necessary, and has saved my ass plenty)
21. Unscented baby wipes and some tissues
22. Show-appropriate clothing to wear. (Comfortable shoes. Always!)
I hope this list is helpful to you for the upcoming craft show season. It is by no means the ultimate list, however. What did I forget that you always bring? Let me know in the comments.
to sign up for my newsletter!
Who writes this?
Hi, I'm Amy Kalinchuk. I am an author, publisher, crafter, entrepreneur, roller derby skater, wife, mom, and friend. I try to be organized and maintain an air of enviable breezy elegance. I do not always succeed. But crafting? I can do that. And small business. I can do that, too. So can you! No, seriously, you can do this! I'll show you.